The Proteomics and Metabolomics Shared Facility has two different Fusion Lumos Tribrid Orbitraps:
- Fusion Lumos Tribrid Orbitrap with CID, HCD, ETD and EThcD
- Fusion Lumos Tribrid Orbitrap with CID, HCD, ETD, EThcD and UVPD
"Most advanced mass spectrometer for the most advanced research applications"
Excel at the most challenging of applications, including low level PTM analysis, multiplexed relative quantitaion using isobaric tags, intact protein characterization, as well as MSn analysis of small molecules with the new Thermo ScientificTM Orbitrap FusionTM LumosTM TribridTM Mass Spectrometer. This system incorporates the brightest ion source, a segmented quadrupole mass milter with improvised selectivity and ion transmission, Advanced Vacuum Technology for improved ion transmission to the Thermo ScientificTM OrbitrapTM mass analyzer, ETD HD, and a higher-capacity ETD fragmentation.
- A brighter ion source provided by a High Capacity Transfer Tube and an Electrodynamic Ion Funnel for increased sensitivity
- Advanced Active Ion Beam Guide for improved robustness
- Segmented quadrupole powered by Advanced Quadrupole Technology for improved precursor ion selection and transmission
- Advanced Vacuum Technology for improved vacuum in the C-trap and Orbitrap regions resulting in improved ion transfer to the Orbitrap mass analyzer
- ETD HD (High Definition ETD) incorporating a higher capacity ion-ion reaction for improved dynamic range of ETC spectra
- UVPD, a new fragmentation technique achieved with a 213 nm UV laser
Thermo ScientificTM Q ExactiveTM HF-X Hybrid Quadrupole-OrbitrapTM Mass Spectrometer rises to the occasion and sets new standards in sensitivity, performance and productivity.
The Q Exactive HF-X Mass Spectrometer uses a high-capacity transfer tube for maximum ion loading, an electrodynamic ion funnel that accommodates and transmits ions over a broader mass range, and a high-field Thermo ScientificTM OrbitrapTM mass analyzer. Together, these components enable fast identification and analysis of peptides, label-free and TMT quantitation, top-down proteomic analyses, sophisticated DDA and DIA, dRT-PRM and BioPharma characterization.
- Advanced Quadrupole technology featuring Thermo Scientific segmented HyperQuad
- Ultra-high-field Orbitrap analyzer, which doubles its speed and resolution resolving power up to 240,000
- Maximum scan speed 40 Hz
- Spectral multiplexing for enhanced duty cycle
- High-capacity transfer tube and electrodynamic ion funnel source for increased sensitivity
- Advanced Active Beam Guide intelligent ion beam management for high flux ion sources
- Advanced quadrupole technology (AQT) improves precursor selection and transmission for more accurate quantitation of low-abundance analytes in complex matrices.
- Sophisticated data-independent acquisition (DIA) and parallel reaction monitoring (PRM) deliver reproducible quantitation with complete qualitative confidence.
- An advanced active beam guide (AABG) reduces noise and extends maintenance intervals.
- HR/AM and full-scan capabilities capture all sample data, all of the time, enabling retrospective data analysis without need to re-run samples.
- Resolving power up to 140,000 FWHM eliminates isobaric interferences, increasing confidence in results when analyzing samples.
Demands on analytical laboratories are changing and every laboratory needs to ensure it can keep pace with these changes. The Xevo® TQ-XS offers:
- StepWave XS™ ion guide that provides increased sensitivity for challenging compounds.
- Enhanced detection system with six orders of linear dynamic range to ensure sensitivity is accessible.
- Tool-free probe design reduces the time taken for any routine maintenance and provides improved reproducibility between users.
Ultrahigh Pressure Nanoscale Capillary
LC Ultra-performance Nanoscale Liquid Chromatography - nanoACQUITY UPLC
Four NanoAcquity systems and two Multidimensional NanoAcquity systems are available in our lab.
The nanoACQUITY UltraPerformance LC® (UPLC®) System is designed for nano-scale, capillary and narrow-bore separations to attain the highest chromatographic resolution, sensitivity and reproducibility.
Direct nano-flow offers significant improvements over conventional nano-flow separations technologies. You'll see improved peak capacity and shape and increase the number of components detected per separation.
The system's 10,000 psi operating pressure capability allows for superior high-peak capacity separations by operating longer columns packed with sub-2 micron particles. It is optimized for high-resolution identification and 2D-LC separations at precise nano-flow rates:
|Nano-flow Rates From||On nanoACQUITY|
|200 nL/min to 100 uL/min||70 um to 1 mm internal diameter|
|Without flow splitting||100 MM to 250 mm long|
|Available with BEH, Atlantis and Symmetry chemistries|
The nanoACQUITY UPLC System provides solutions for biomarker discovery and proteomics applications for protein identification and characterization.
nanoACQUITY UPLC System Features:
- Customize your throughput and condition requirements with comprehensive system components including the nanoACQUITY® Heating and Trapping Module, the Sample Manager, the Binary Solvent Manager, and the Auxiliary Solvent Manager (optional).
- Monitor system performance with enhanced on-board diagnostics.
- Extend high-sensitivity nano-scale MS analyses:
- Quattro PremierTM XE tandem quadrupole mass spectrometer for routine quantification
- SYNAPTTM HDMSTM System for cutting edge applications
- IdentityE High Definition Proteomics System for protein identification
- Predictive system support with Connections INSIGHT® remote intelligent services.
- Instrument control and data processing with MassLynxTM Software.
- Easily compatible with third-party MS solutions.
- FlexCart lets you move nanoACQUITY UPLC system from one MS to another.
- Stand-alone nanoACQUITY UPLC console provides easy instrument control.
We have two Synapt G2 systems.
The second generation SYNAPTTM G2 platform from Waters Corporation provides a new dimension of performance to drive your scientific discovery like never before. We've combined QuanTofTM - breakthrough quantitative Tof technology - and enhanced High Definition MSTM technologies to provide you with intuitive operation, application flexibility and a totally new level of performance for all your applications.
SYNAPT G2 MS is a high resolution exact MS/MS platform designed to get you to the right result, faster - no matter how challenging your application is - whether you specialize in metabolite profiling, proteomics, biomarker discovery, biopharmaceuticals or screening applications.
Thanks to Engineered SimplicityTM, SYNAPT G2 MS provides a high resolution exact MS/MS system with unique productivity advantages. Integrating new QuanTof technology from Waters Corporation, it is the product of our very latest innovations to deliver new levels of MS performance, productivity and versatility to your laboratory:
- IntelliStartTM Technology for simplified system setup and automated control.
- ACQUITY UPLC® Technology for the highest chromatographic resolution, speed and sensitivity.
- QuanTof Technology ensures you'll capture the most complete and informative exact mass data in UPLC® timeframes, complemented by UPLC/MSE capability to capture all of the data all of the time.
- MassLynxTM Informatics combines the power of exact mass data and a built-in understanding of chemistry to deliver simple, rapid data interpretation and compound identification.
- Unrivaled productivity and flexibility allows you to customize theworld's most powerful MS system to your needs with multiple ionization options, unique system solution productivity, and future upgrade pathways.
- Decisions made easy thanks to Engineered Simplicity, which delivers the highest performance and simplicity throughout your entire workflow so experienced and novice users alike can generate high quality results consistently
Designed for leading researchers working at the limits of conventional mass spectrometery capabilities who need to further characterize and define their samples, Waters SynaptTM HDMSTM system offers unique, enabling functionality.
Waters Synapt HDMSTM system enables analysis of samples differentiated by size and shape and mass, to deliver increased specificity and sample definition beyond that achievable by conventional mass spectrometers.
Utilizing Waters' patented TriwaveTM technology, the Synapt HDMSTM system combines high-efficiency, ion-mobility based measurements and separations with high-performance quadrupole time-of-flight mass spectrometry. Triwave incorporates three traveling-wave devices to provide the next generation performance of the Synapt HDMS system.
Each traveling-wave performs a distinct function:
- The first traps and releases packets of ions.
- The second separates ions according to their ion mobility.
- The third transfers ions to the oa-Tof for mass analysis.
The Trap, Separation and Transfer function is a highly reproducible and controllable process that can occur at time frames compatible with ACQUITY and nanoACQUITY UPLC systems.
The system is complemented by mobility environment software to aid in the visualization and manipulation of high-definition MS data.
To provide you with maximum utility and flexibility in your research laboratory, the Synapt HDMS system is compatible with a wide range of ionization sources.
XevoTM TQ from Waters Corporation is designed for quantitative UPLC/MS/MS applications, so you can confidently quantify and confirm trace components in the most complex of samples. What's more, you can do this with unparalleled ease, speed and accuracy.
Xevo TQ features ScanWaveTM collision cell technology to provide enhanced spectral LC/MS/MS data acquisition capabilities. Unlike conventional tandem quadrupole mass spectrometers, Xevo TQ is designed to provide not only the very best quantitative data but also superior spectral MS/MS information. You benefit from more versatility in a single instrument platform adaptable to a wide variety of different UPLC/MS/MS applications both quantitative and qualitative: bioanalysis; absorption, distribution, metabolism and excretion (ADME) screening; food safety; environmental monitoring; forensic and more.
- Engineered SimplicityTM - the combination of highest performance with system versatility and simplicity of operation
- ScanWave - innovative technology that provides rapid, high quality, UPLC(R)-compatible, MS/MS data acquisition
- RADAR - an information rich acquisition approach that allows you to collect highly specific quantitative data for target compounds while providing the ability to visualize all other components
- Versatility - an extensive range of ionization capabilities to service the broadest range of applications
- Simplicity of operation - guarantees maximum system performance accessible to the broadest range of users