We only send QC results if there is a problem with your samples, or you have specifically requested them before we proceed with your order.
Yes, but you MUST have a sequencing order, and MUST submit ample volume of sample for us to proceed with the order.
Average queue times are posted on our home page. The length of time will depend on the type of run, whether we are preparing your libraries and our current volume of requests. It may also be influenced by kit availability and any unforeseen technical issues.
Be assured that we do our best to generate your data as soon as possible.
Yes, but please indicate in the comment box of your quote/order that you want your samples back.
The shipping address is
Att: [insert sequencing platform you have requested]
Sequencing and Genomic Technologies Shared Resource
701 W. Main St.
Durham, NC, 27701
- Next generation sequencing: if you know which service you would like, you can use DUGSIM to estimate the cost of your project.
- Using the “Estimate Cost” button you can select the services that you require and submit the request for a quote. See our Pricing and Ordering page for more details.
- If you are unfamiliar with the different technologies, and desire a consultation, contact us.
- After you have received your order number, samples should be shipped on blue ice or dry ice.
- Please include a print out of your order with your shipment.
- Detailed information about how and where to ship your samples can be found under Pricing and Ordering
Invoices are generated after the sequencing results have been released.
- Duke clients must supply a fund code before an order is generated.
- Non-Duke clients must provide a signed PO before an order number will be issued. Payments may be made by check or wire transfer.
- We do not accept credit cards.
Data will be uploaded to an sftp server. Login and password to access the data will be sent by email once the data has been uploaded.
- Samples will be kept for three months after the sequencing data is released.
- After that, they will be discarded unless retention has been requested. You can either add a comment to that effect in the comment box of your quote/order or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Unfortunately, we do not have enough storage capacity to keep your data indefinitely on our server. It will thus be removed after one month.
- Yes, we make a Qubit measurement followed by a Bioanalyzer or Tapestation evaluation.
- If your samples look questionable or disagree with the information you supplied, we will contact you before proceeding.
Yes, you may submit your own library(s). Requirements will vary depending on the sequencer you plan on using. Requirements can be found here.
Note that we do not guarantee the sequencing results for any customer prepared libraries.
- It will be very difficult to accurately calculate the molarity of your sample.
- If we can’t accurately determine the correct molarity of your library, it can lead to under or overloading of the flow cell.
- You will be asked to decide which fragment size you want to choose for the calculation, or if you want to proceed.
- As is the case with any customer prepared libraries, we do not guarantee the sequencing results.
If your sample appears to be sequenceable based on our QC data, we will proceed. However, we do not guarantee results with investigator prepared libraries.
- PacBio recommends Qiagen HMW gDNA extraction kits such as MagAttract.
- Please indicate your extraction protocol when you submit your sample. gDNA samples need an OD 260/280 ratio of approximatively 1.8 to 2.
- For PCR products, gel cuts may be done, but the gel can not be exposed to ethidium bromide and UV light. Use instead CYBR green and blue light. PCR products must be cleaned prior to submission using either AMPure XP beads or Qiagen PCR cleanup spin columns.
- More information about sample requirements
If your sequencing data was delivered using Duke Data Service, the best way to download it is to use the DDSClient tools. View detailed information on how to use DDSclient tools
If your sequence data was delivered using sftp, you should have received an email with a login and password. You can download your data using unix command line (sftp) or a sftp client such as FileZilla.
For all publications that include data generated in the Sequencing and Genomic Technologies Shared Resource, we kindly request that you acknowledge this support:
We thank the Duke University School of Medicine for the use of the Sequencing and Genomic Technologies Shared Resource, which provided _________ service.
Yes, you can request a custom sequencing protocol and must purchase a full flow cell for custom protocols. Please state the protocol in the comments section in DUGSIM (e.g. 28 10 10 90) and note we exclusively use NovaSeq 6000 v1.5 kits. If you need help understanding your protocol, please reach out.
Yes, we can sequence with custom primers. We exclusively use NovaSeq 6000 v1.5 kits. If you need help with the design of custom primers, please reach out.